Last night Michele called the nurse as she was pumping...on a side note, How awesome are moms!?!?!?! 5:30am I am sleeping and she is pumping and talking to the nurse - Michele, you are super momma!! Ok, so back to the update...there is a lot of info below for things they are currently monitoring:
- Platelets are good
- Electrolytes are all in a normal range
- Creatin is up and BUN is down. Both of these are kidney related
- Bilirubin is DOWN and it had been going up so this is a huge positive!
- Oxygen level on the ventilator is down - between 35 and 40. This is GREAT!! If it continues to go down and stay down she can hopefully get off of the ventilator she is on and move to a different ventilator. I can't stress how awesome this is because aside from her breathing being much better, it means Michele and I can begin to possibly hold Avelyn...haven't been able to do that yet.
- Blood Gas (measures the oxygen, CO2 and PH levels in her blood) are good
- 3 poopy diapers!!! When you are in these types of situations, you pray for lots of poop and pee...I know this sounds strange but PRAY FOR MORE OF THIS! The pooping helps to reduce the blilrubin levels
- She appears to have lost some of the edema, and she lost an ounce of weight at the last check.
- New chest x-ray looks better in the lungs...less fluid.
That's all for now. Thanks again all for the positive thoughts, support, prayers and love.